Correction: the Mall owner has informed me that the new completion date is 2025
Titusville Resort & Destination will be a mixed-use redevelopment project encompassing 22 Acres, featuring retail, residential, medical offices and more.
According to the developments website, the property will have 340 garden-style Apartments with a club house, courtyard, pool, two restaurants and a parking structure along with a 7 story double-brand hotel with 153 rooms and observation deck on the north side of the property and 100,000sqft of Commercial Retail, Offices & Medical plaza facing Hopkins Ave.
Before construction can begin, the development must be approved by the States Land Planning Board, the Titusville Planning & Zoning Commission and the Titusville City Council.
Meetings are currently scheduled as follows:
Planning and Zoning Committee Meeting – Winter 2021-2022
City Council Transmittal Meeting – Winter 2021-2022
City Council Public Meeting – Winter 2021-2022
The developments website gives a timeline for when the 3 phases of construction will start and what will be built during each phase
December 2021 through April 2022
Talk of Titusville will always be free to access.
If you love what we’re doing, please consider becoming a monthly Supporter HERE.
East portion of the mall Demolition Period
- Demolition permit and demolition of Sears and the Cinema and few of the other spaces to make room to build the Residential portion. This will not affect the mall operation.
- Shoring up the East portion of the mall, so the rest of the mall can continue to function using two entrances only.
- Pulling permit to build the Residential portion.
Phase 1: May 2022 through July 2023
Residential construction followed by Site Work
- Site work for Residential portion
- Building garden-style apartments
- Building restaurants
- Building the storm water retention
- Landscaping the Residential portion and buffer zone
- Selection of the existing and prospective tenants & signing leases
- Completion of the construction of 340 residential units plus the three story parking structure and pre-leasing and reevaluation of the property for a refinancing
Phase 2: August 2023 to July of 2024
Demolition of the rest of the mall and Commercial construction followed by Site Work
- Demolition of the rest of the mall
- Site work for Commercial portion
- Building the storm water retention including dry and wet ponds
- Completion of the construction Commercial, Medical/Offices and Retail spaces
- Occupancy of the spaces
Phase 3: August 2023 to July 2024
Building the 7 story hotel and 5,000sqft Restaurant
- Construction of the hotel – to be selected
- Double-brand hotel occupancy: June 2025
Grand Opening of all three phases is planned for AUGUST 2025