The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) provided $185,292 in supplemental Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV) funding to the City of Titusville to respond to the coronavirus.
On April 28, 2020, City Council authorized the use of these funds to provide emergency assistance to households who have been impacted by the COVID-19 Emergency Disaster, for rent and utilities.
Effective June 1, 2020, the Neighborhood Services Department will begin accepting applications from eligible households for assistance under the COVID-19 EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM.
Applications are available in person at the Harry T. Moore Social Service Center located at 725 S De Leon Avenue, on line or by email upon request.
The principal factors to be considered in receiving assistance are:
- Applicant is a resident of Titusville (city limits)
- Applicant is at or below 80% of the current area median income lists for the Palm Bay-Titusville-Melbourne statistical area.
- Applicant can demonstrate assistance is required as a result of impacts from the virus.
- Applicant can demonstrate loss of household income.
- Applicant can demonstrate benefits under this program are not duplicative.
CURRENT INCOME GUIDELINES (subject to change)
Household Size Annual Income
For more information, you may contact the Neighborhood Services Department by email, by calling 321-567-3987 or visiting the Neighborhood Services website here
Be First to Comment