Brevard Public Schools is looking for Pool Drivers for the upcoming 2022-23 school year, with starting pay at $14.06/hr
- Must be 21 years old and have at least 5 years of licensed driving experience as well as a good driving record.
- No DUI’s in the past 7 years. Prospective drivers will not be hired if, according to the safe driver plan, they have more than 5 points in the last year or more than 10 points in the last 3 years, or have been convicted of a DWI – Driving While Impaired, DUI – Driving Under the Influence, or Driving with Unlawful Alcohol Level in the past 7 years. Applicants could be denied consideration due to a moving violation record on their license.
- Must have no felony convictions.
- Must have a Permit for a Class B CDL with Air Brakes, “P” Passenger Endorsement, and “S” School Bus Endorsement.
- Must pass a DOT physical before employment begins and each year after. You must be in good physical condition. Applicants who are insulin dependent diabetics will not be considered for employment.
- Must submit to random drug and alcohol testing before employment begins and at any time while employed.
- Must be able to fill out written reports and complete paperwork legibly.
- Must follow written and verbal directions.
- Must be able to pass a yearly dexterity test.
- Must be able to work well with supervisors, personnel, and be able to maintain control of students and the bus.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What positions are available?
BPS is currently hiring as Regular Drivers. You will be required to work every day. Part time work is available as well.
- What is the starting pay?
$14.06 per hour paid semi-monthly.
- How do I get trained?
All training is provided once you have a completed application with HR, get your CDL Class B permit with P and S endorsements, complete an interview, complete the background check and fingerprints, pass a DOT physical and a pre-employment drug test. You can not begin until Human Resources gives you an all clear.
- Will I receive payment for training?
You will begin being paid the first day of classroom training and there after.
- What area should I apply for?
North Area Covers the areas of Titusville, Mims, Scottsmoor, and Port St. John
Supervisor: Cleveland Reid
Secretary: Julie Christy
1500 Draa Road
Titusville, FL 32796
Central Area Covers the areas of Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Cocoa, Merritt Island, Rockledge, and Viera
Supervisor: Kathrine Emr-Marie
Secretary: Jessica Fitzgerald
2091 W. King Street
Cocoa, FL 32920
Mid-South Area Covers the areas of Viera, Melbourne area from 192 to Pineda, and Beachside to the Inlet
Supervisor: Michelle Roy
Secretary: Joan Bailey
1978 Pineapple Ave.
Melbourne, FL 32935
South Area Covers the areas of Melbourne – South of 192, Palm Bay, Barefoot Bay, and Micco
Supervisor: John Davis
Secretary: Denise Mineer
3200 Monroe Street
Melbourne, FL 32901
If you need any assistance with completing your application online, please make an appointment for assistance by calling 321-633-3680.