North Brevard Community Foundation, Inc. is registered with the State of Florida as a Non-Profit Corporation !!!!
This NonProfit was started with the goal to help address some of the concerns & issues facing the North Brevard Community, and to bring together regular people in the community that want to see our area become a little bit better.
The Mission & Purpose of North Brevard Community Foundation:
- to educate & inform North Brevard residents on the issues that face our community as a whole
- to help build relationships throughout the community as a whole
- to help residents financially & mentally with current issues they’re facing
- to help provide for our North Brevard Community as a whole
- to help those who want to help others
The Beginning ??
The goal of North Brevard Community Foundation is to have a Community Center, a building, where anyone can come relax, play games, find resources, have a place to sleep or just get away for a little bit.
I believe a Community Center that offers a place to hang out, help people find state / federal resources, a place for someone to get something to eat or maybe we can offer a Safe Place for runaways or someone living in their vehicle.
This goal of a Community Center is something I see as a little solution to the larger issue facing our area. I hope that the Community as a whole would also support this idea and help us fund our way to making this Community Center a reality
What’s that image of that building in the post ??
The photo in the post is a building currently, as of April 23rd, 2022, for sale for just under a million dollars. With a tax-exemption, the chance of getting this particular building will be a little bit better.
But for right now…..
If you’d like to donate towards NBCF getting our IRS form filed, click here to head over to GoFundMe’s website.
If you would want to be involved with NBCF as a volunteer, board member or a sponsor, please let me know in the contact form below
North Brevard Community Foundation (NBCF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to addressing the issues of homelessness and mental health in the North Brevard community. The organization plans to purchase and renovate an existing food kitchen building to serve as a temporary shelter and food kitchen for those in need. Through the provision of essential services and support, NBCF aims to empower individuals to overcome homelessness and cope with mental health challenges.
To create a nurturing and supportive environment where individuals experiencing homelessness and mental health issues can access comprehensive services, find hope, and build a foundation for a better future.
- Purchase and renovate the existing food kitchen building.
- Provide temporary shelter and food services for those in need.
- Offer support and access to mental health services.
- Create partnerships with local organizations and businesses to provide additional resources.
- Develop a sustainable funding model to ensure the organization’s long-term success.
I. Organizational Structure
- Board of Directors: The Board will consist of dedicated community members responsible for overseeing the organization’s strategic direction, financial stability, and mission fulfillment.
- Executive Director: The Executive Director will manage the daily operations, staff, and volunteers.
- Shelter Manager: The Shelter Manager will oversee the shelter’s day-to-day operations, ensuring residents’ needs are met.
- Food Kitchen Manager: The Food Kitchen Manager will be responsible for managing the kitchen operations, including meal planning, food inventory, and volunteer coordination.
- Mental Health Specialist: This professional will work with residents to provide mental health support and access to appropriate services.
- Temporary Shelter: NBCF will provide safe, clean, and comfortable accommodations for those experiencing homelessness.
- Food Kitchen: The food kitchen will serve nutritious meals for residents and other individuals in need within the community.
- Mental Health Support: NBCF will provide on-site mental health services and referrals to partner organizations.
- Case Management: Dedicated case managers will work with residents to develop personalized plans to overcome homelessness and address mental health challenges.
- Job Training and Placement Assistance: NBCF will collaborate with local organizations to provide job training and placement services for residents seeking employment.
III. Funding Strategies
- Grants: Apply for federal, state, and local government grants, as well as private foundation grants, to support the organization’s programs and services.
- Corporate Sponsorships: Partner with local and national businesses to secure sponsorships and in-kind donations.
- Fundraising Events: Organize annual fundraising events, such as charity walks, auctions, and galas, to raise funds and increase community awareness.
- Individual Donations: Develop a donor cultivation and stewardship program to encourage recurring donations from community members and supporters.
- Social Enterprise: Explore opportunities for social enterprise, such as a thrift store or café, which can generate revenue to support the organization’s programs and services.
IV. Financial Projections
The financial projections will include detailed cost estimates for purchasing and renovating the building, operational expenses, and anticipated revenues from various funding sources. A comprehensive budget will ensure the organization’s financial sustainability and allow for future growth and expansion of services.
V. Implementation Timeline
- Purchase and renovation of the food kitchen building: 3-6 months
- Staff and volunteer recruitment and training: 3-6 months
- Launch of shelter and food kitchen services: 6-9 months
- Implementation of mental health support services and case management: 9-12 months
- Evaluation and expansion of services based on community needs and feedback: 12-18 months
VI. Marketing and Community Outreach
- Website and Social Media: Create and maintain a user-friendly website and engage with the community through social media platforms, sharing success stories, updates, and event information.
- Collaboration with Local Organizations: Partner with local nonprofits, schools, businesses, and government agencies to promote NBCF’s services and create a network of support for residents.
- Community Education: Host workshops, presentations, and seminars to raise awareness about homelessness and mental health issues in the community and promote the organization’s services.
- Media Outreach: Establish relationships with local media outlets to secure coverage of NBCF’s events, initiatives, and success stories.
- Volunteer Program: Develop a robust volunteer program to engage community members in supporting the organization’s mission and services.
VII. Evaluation and Impact Measurement
To ensure the effectiveness of the programs and services, NBCF will develop a comprehensive evaluation plan that includes:
- Regular monitoring of program performance and progress towards objectives.
- Collection of qualitative and quantitative data from residents, staff, and stakeholders.
- Analysis of data to assess the impact of programs and services on residents’ lives and the broader community.
- Adjustment of programs and services based on evaluation findings and feedback from residents and stakeholders.
- Reporting of evaluation results to the Board of Directors, funders, and the community to demonstrate the organization’s impact and ensure transparency and accountability.
By implementing this business plan, North Brevard Community Foundation will become a leading force in the fight against homelessness and mental health challenges in the North Brevard community. The organization will not only provide essential services and support to those in need but also foster a more compassionate and understanding community dedicated to helping its most vulnerable members.