The City Council of Titusville is set to convene tonight, Tuesday, November 14, 2023, at 6:30 PM in the Council Chamber at City Hall, located at 555 South Washington Avenue.
This meeting is expected to cover significant topics related to city development, affordable housing, and community planning.
Meeting Agenda Highlights:
- Special Presentation:
- A notable feature of the meeting will be a presentation by the St. Johns River Water Management District, showcasing the Osprey Nutrient Removal Upgrades. This presentation is for informational purposes, with no immediate action expected.
- Reports from Boards and Commissions:
- The Council will discuss the semi-annual report from the North Brevard Library District Board, reflecting the ongoing commitment to community services.
- Consent Agenda Topics:
- Key issues under the consent agenda include the amendment of the registration fee for vacant properties with mortgages in default, acceptance of the FY24 Bullet Proof Vest Grant, and various contractual and budgetary approvals aimed at city improvement.
- Ordinances for Second Reading and Public Hearing:
- A crucial part of the agenda is the second reading and public hearing of Ordinance No. 48-2023, linked to the Florida Live Local Act, focusing on standards for affordable housing developments.
- The Accessory Dwelling Unit Ordinance, No. 51-2023, will undergo its second reading and final public hearing.
- Additionally, the first reading and public hearing of Ordinance No. 55-2023 are scheduled, which could permit assisted living facilities in the Urban Village zoning district.
- Land Use and Zoning Discussions:
- The Council will also deliberate on Small Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment No. 5-2022, involving land use and zoning changes for a specific property.
- Annexation and Comprehensive Plan Amendment:
- The first reading of SSA No. 7-2023 will address annexation issues, changes in land use designations, and rezoning for certain properties, indicating the city’s expansion and development strategy.
- New Business and Reports:
- The agenda includes the approval of the re-plat for Brooks Landing Phase 1 Subdivision and various reports from the Mayor, City Council Members, City Manager, and City Attorney.
The meeting is of particular importance as it addresses the Live Local Act Ordinance, focusing on affordable housing, which is a critical issue for many Titusville residents.
Residents and stakeholders are encouraged to attend, offering a chance to stay informed and contribute to the discussions shaping the future of Titusville.
Read the full Agenda Packet Below
For more information: Contact Titusville City Hall or visit the city’s website here
This meeting is an opportunity for residents to engage with city leaders and voice their opinions on matters impacting their community.