The Titusville City Council is set to hold its final public hearing concerning the city’s proposed budget for the fiscal year 2024. The meeting will also include the final readings of several ordinances related to the budget, as well as a segment for petitions from the public.
The primary focus of the meeting will be to finalize the city’s budget for the upcoming fiscal year. This includes conducting the last reading of ordinances that will determine the Operating and Voted Debt Service millage rate. The council will also finalize the water, sewer, and solid waste rates for the fiscal year 2024.
Specifically, the council plans to adopt the following ordinances:
- Ordinance No. 37-2023: Establishing the millage rate for the operation of the City of Titusville and the Voted Debt Service levy for the fiscal year 2024.
- Ordinance No. 38-2023: Adopting the General and Related Budgets for the fiscal year 2024.
- Ordinance No. 39-2023: Amending the fee schedule for water and sewer services by increasing charges and rates.
- Ordinance No. 40-2023: Amending Sections 16-116 and 16-117 of the Code of Ordinances to increase solid waste service charges and rates.
- Ordinance No. 41-2023: Adopting the Enterprise Funds and Capital Improvements Programs for the fiscal year 2024.
The final public hearing aims to provide transparency and allow Titusville residents to have a say in the city’s financial planning for the upcoming year. The meeting is a crucial step in finalizing the city’s budget and ensuring that the needs of the community are met
As this is a special meeting, a segment has been allocated for petitions from the public. However, comments from the public must relate directly to the topics discussed during the meeting.